Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 6: Weak 6

This week was a doozy. I can barely remember the past 48 hours...not by choice, but by the sheer quantity of events that have transpired. And somehow I think I got in enough exercise to constitute a worthwhile post.

Monday: (?) I think there was some exercise in the form of cardio. Also had rehearsal until 10pm. Yes, there was an 11pm workout in the gym that transpired. I lasted about 20 minutes doing a circuit.

Tuesday: Early morning rehearsal and work. There was swimming after work. No Phelps, but since there were some pretty young (re: under the age of 65) swimmers in there with me, and since I was leading them in intervals for most of the laps, I felt pretty good.

Wednesday: Rehearsals, rehearsals, rehearsals. Everyone was freaking out about the auditions for the Fall production (slated for Thursday), and since it's Shakespeare, everyone's doubly freaking out. I was trotting all over the place, racking up enough walking miles to make up for the lack of gym time.

Thursday: Auditions day, dress rehearsal for the festival performance, and more walking around the city. Auditions were nerve wracking, and I had to blow off some anxiety later that night on the treadmill. Cardiorespiratory training is getting easier...which means I need to increase the intensity soon.

Friday: Callbacks. As if 3 minutes of panic-inducing judgement in front of a jury of directors and producers isn't enough, now we get to endure four hours of it. In the middle of this, there is a festival performance and a rehearsal. Every two hours, I was somebody else. I plopped into bed at 11 that night without bothering to unpack my bag or undress...because just spending time in your own mind can be tiring enough at the end of the week. Spending time in four other people's minds will render you incapable of doing anything except brushing your teeth and crawling under the covers.

Saturday: More callbacks. They were quicker and less painful than the previous day's session. Another performance, the final one, at the festival competition (we won an award in every category), and then the bomb scare in Times Square simultaneously. Tried to swim beforehand, but the pool was filled with a swim meet for the kids...substituted working out in gym with carrying all our set pieces and props downtown from the theatre through the Times Sq mess. Sweatfest.

Sunday: Chilled out, had more rehearsal, but felt better knowing that this week I don't have to concentrate on any outside projects. (Nearing the end! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!) Hot and humid today, so after enjoying a candlelight supper ceremony at the House, went running along the riverside with the Czech opera singer. A good 30 minutes made me feel accomplished.

Mentally exhausted from these past few weeks, and more than ready for school to be over for the semester. A few more days until finals week starts, at which point I'll hopefully have enough steam to motor me through to the 17th. On the 18th, find me sleeping in the whole day and not answering my phone or emails.

This week: mindfulness of "stress eating"

No comments:

Post a Comment