Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week 7: Running Heaven

The weather turned great, then rainy, then beautiful, then cold.  Luckily, the alternating days of temperature allowed me to run during sunshine sans showers hours.

Monday: Decided to try something new - not working out on the first day of the week.  Result: I felt a nagging sense of anxiety all day, especially when contemplating how this day of rest might translate into a habit for the rest of the week.

Tuesday: Doubts allayed, as I got out running in the evening sunshine.  I was so ecstatic to be outside, I ran for a full 35 minutes, including hills.  I had my music on, and I literally felt like I was flying through the park.  I had a ridiculous smile on my face, and I was reminded of a lifestyle I used to have in California, which made the workout bittersweet.

Wednesday: Rested, as the rain was terrible. Plus a full day of school and meetings for summer job (I'm running the Programs at the International House!) made for a lot of trekking back and forth to various locations.

Thursday: Running again, and this time with a friend.  Nothing more motivating than running with a friend, and nothing makes the time go by faster!

Friday: Grotowski physical in the morning, and then a quick workout at the gym in the afternoon.  I've become bored with the machines, so I've started watching TV on them while I trudge along.  It definitely makes the time pass faster, but I feel better when I'm consciously tracking how the workout is going.

Saturday: Performances for class all day, and rehearsing.  Skipped working out in favor of moving sets around on stage and tromping up and down stairwells for four hours.

Sunday: Worked out in the pool.  Was really sluggish when I started, but once I started doing intervals, the time flew by.  Yes, the fast lane again.  It's getting easier.

I was mindful of my stress eating the week too.  I've been minding a lower glycemic index during mealtimes, resulting in less blood sugar spikes.  Helpful when I'm in late afternoon classes and trying to stay awake....

This week is finals week.  I'm already feeling the pressure of juries and final performances.  This semester, I learned 10 dialects, taught my classmates how to speak in a German dialect, performed on the main stage in two separate performances, won an Honorable Mention for an outside performance, perfected four different genres of songs, studied five different eras of acting style, completed six scenes and monologues, auditioned for next year's shows, and juggled a part-time job.  Everyday, I take it one day at a time.
This week: taking it one class at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment