Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 17: I've lost track of time...thank God

Losing track of time means I'm obviously not living with any idea of what's coming next.  Some might find this disconcerting, but I say: Hallelujah!
Present concentration, restored.

(Had to start this post actually on Monday last so I could remember what happened!)

Monday: Workout with a friend - a new circuit at the gym that involved supersets...supersets being two strength-training exercises rolled into one smooth movement, like a lunge with a shoulder press.  A surprising amount of sweat cropped up all over the place...and continued well throughout the day.  An evening in Queens performing a staged reading proved very successful...especially the subway adventure out and back.  First, an evangelist assuredly pronounced to the Queens-bound passengers that Jesus was coming and "Anyone with two boyfriends...will not be going to Heaven."  The return trip was even more humorous, as waiting underground for the #7 train for an hour left me feeling like I had just paid $2.25 to sit in a sauna with my clothes on.  Funny, no?

Tuesday: A day with torrential thunderstorms, threatening the Shanghai Symphony and NY Philharmonic Central Park event.  However, it held off and we camped out under an overcast sky, listening with thousands of others to Bernstein, Tchaikovsky, and Gershwin until it grew dark.  Running early in the morning doing speed intervals wore me out...those supersets left me supersore.

Wednesday: Well, at this point, I forgot to write down what I did this day, so let's assume it was successful in terms of having fun and forgetting about time.

Thursday: Packing and running around completing errands before my weekend home.  Some time was spent in the gym too, I think.

Friday: Up early and on planes all day.  Walked miles through the CO airport on my layover to get some exercise and stretch my legs.  Hello, moving walkways, I'm traveling without your help.

Saturday: An early run with superfit, super-duper friend K.  After a night of wining and dining, the fresh CA air was almost too good to be true.  The bridal shower surprise turned out to be successful as well.

Sunday: A surreal day, with visiting the Farmer's Market, enjoying some time with beloved friend J and soaking up much needed sunshine (apparently I'm "pasty"), and being home...away from "home".  Did not look forward to the trip back to NY, oddly enough.  I think my soul has been needing some West Coast rest.  Prospects for returning were tempting.

Ironically, the losing track of time made me feel like I had never left California - it was so easy to slip back into the charmed life of a Bay Area resident - almost too easy.  It left me thinking about the future for a few days however, and getting back to the present would take up time next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment